2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Entry 7, Class 2 (Modified) - Rabid Hamster

·
My name is Martin
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok here is what I have done so far.
The Body (which I am keeping under wraps at the moment) started of looking like one manufacturer has been modified to resemble another (it will make sense when you see it).:confused:

Anyway here is a candid sneek peek!!!!.

I have got to the stage of filling and rubbing the body down for paint.

The Chassis consists of a Jaguar one that has had the rear section chopped off and has then been shortened.

I have then fitted Jaguar front and rear suspensions

A Jaguar XK 6 cylinder engine will then be fitted (trail fitting shown in photo)

The rear section of the 'OTHER' car's chassis has then been grafted to rear of the Jag one.

A radiator from a Jaguar XJS (notice a theme here) has been mounted at the rear due to there being no room at the front.

The Jag engine has been fitted and the engine leads, fuel lines and radiator hoses plumbed.

I have yet to add a fuel tank, steering wheel/column + linkage, and fit out the interior (seats, dash etc).

Considering I have not built a model car for 20+ years and have never detailed one (they were all pretty basic and mostly straight from the box) I don't think it has turned out too bad so far and I am really enjoying it, which is the whole point really.

R.H.

·
My name is Martin
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
My name is Martin
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
My name is Martin
2,615 Posts