Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,199 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I tried to view the site FIVA.Org and my virus protection system activated warning that the site was corrupt and could damage my computor so if you don't have protection be careful.This is a common tactic used to frustrate the user, put out a statement and then make it unuseable, (no response = compliance )

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
A thought on this, we on here are mostly looking at this from a "Hot Rod/Custom" view point, other more "traditional " areas of motor sport must also be affected and could have a stronger voice. Rally cars, classic saloon racers, hill climbers all have to be modified and will presumably have the same worries. Are they involved at all?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,199 Posts
Nope, no one gives a rats basically. Tried getting main suppliers and manufacturers to larger scene involved, very inward looking unlike European suppliers who are pro active via ETO ( European Tuners Organisation) who lobby at the highest levels of EU Government.

The reason ACE was formed was to look at the issue from a wider perspective and to bring all genres of modifying together to try to fight the incoming tide of legislation. We've tried to spread the word via EVERY car mag aimed at niche markets with very little success for various reasons.

Main thing is you have to believe that there is an issue and then be prepared to do something about it 'yourself' . You can see how opinions vary on here regarding legislation issues.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts