Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do all, a bit in front of myself but i am working out what to do with the exhaust on this thing i am building, well rebuilding

Now i have fitted a 2.9i cologne and i ant to get a good burble from it, these are not the best for giving the nice burbly noise, well like RV8 or Essex etc

What would be the best way to go with the exhaust, i will be building my own out of stainless and from manifold to back, i was going to go with just 50mm straight through.

What else can i do to help with the nice tone, not daft loud though.

cheers

wolly:D

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
put a straight throught silencer box close to the engine as possible and a balance pipe if needed, ive done this to my 2.8 v6 and I got the sound I was after... bulits mustang

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply mate, i will give it a go, but i have been told that the 2.8 is ported different to the 2.9, 2.9 is ported better but doesnt give a good sound, or burbble like the 2.8 with the porting difference. As said i will give it a go as nobody else has give much info but to say that about ports and also that if Ford spend so mucch on the exhaust research then it would be hard pushed to get it better sounded.
Just makes me wonder why there are so many different ways to build an exhaust to get different tunes from them.

thanks again kida

wolly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts