Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not happy:tdown:

Went to Drayton last week, after driving through the woods several times,
the engine bay was covered in thick brown dust pulled up by the mechanical engine fan,
got out the jet wash to rinse the dust off from a distance, done it plenty of times over the years,
fired the motor and after a few minutes idling it dies, fails to start again,
check everything out and found that the MSD6AL is dead:sniff:
i'm guessing some water got in somehow,
cars running again but wired without the 6AL.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
thats a :wanker:(they have not got one for fukker)gary, maybe it would have died even if you did not wash it,

·
My name is Martin
2,636 Posts
Be worth dismantling it to see if it's still wet inside the box. Might end up coming back to life if you dried it.

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be worth dismantling it to see if it's still wet inside the box. Might end up coming back to life if you dried it.
pulled the back off it tonight, bone dry inside, no sign of anything burnt out,

bought it as a factory recon unit from the MSD trailer for about $130 at Pomona in 98,
been on the car since about 2001, as Vin said, maybe its time was up,
a mate might be going to one of the big US drag meets this year,
he might take it out and try getting it repaired trackside at the MSD trailer,

got a pretty good deal today on the newer MSD6AL-2 from outlaw anglia racer Paul Wright,
bit more voltage output, 2 built in dial adjustable limiters, 1 wired into the linelock,
wired it all in this afternoon, also wiring in the adjustable timing controller thats been bolted in the glovebox around a year,
fired 1st turn of the key, seems to run real good:tup::tup:

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
gary i bought one at the swap meet this year of paul and mojo,its the nuts no different chip`s to buy.just set the dials job done:tup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.