Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...Deb's Camaro knackered it's motor at the Thunderball.

While the motor's out we figured it was worth changing the trans as it's an unknown quantity. In a flash of brilliance we decided my coupe could give up it's newish B&M Streetfighter...after all it's low mileage and never been abused

Ultimately I'll have an overdrive trans for the coupe, for now I'll have the one from the Camaro...and to go with it I'll have the 355ci small block from the race car too.

Donor coupe at home ready for the off

Donor coupe at the workshop ready for 'surgery'

Camaro ready for transplant

Almost ready for organ removal

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must really love her Dusty,or be really scared of her , either way it must be a bit like donating one of your testicles ,or seeing as you are donating engine and box, kiss them both goodbye Ha Ha
See you soon thats if the knackerd race car engine going in the coupe acually makes it to an event this year lol
Only donating the box...nothing wrong with her small block except it was too slow for Pro ET.

Her big block is being rebuilt by Ray at Hauser's as we speak. It turns out the heads aren't brilliant either so we'll be ordering Brodix ally ones tomorrow.

We've been married just over 27 years (met just over a year before we married but we bought a house together eight months after we met)...and she froze her butt off on the Brass Monkey Run so it must be love.

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fair play mate, hopefully see you at main event then,we are planning on camping for the whole meet ,just ask if you need a hand with any of the spannering to keep her running
KEV
Thanks Kev...we are hoping not to need to do any work on it once it's together.

You're welcome to come to our pit for a cuppa..as is any one else here.

We had a great deal of help at Thunderball from friends and indeed a chap we'd never met before. A mechanic from Norwich, he does RWYBs in a Soarer.

He has offered help at the Main Event and may well become a member of our crew. We're going to chat to him on Saturday at the Pod. I'm hoping to have the coupe back together for a few shakedown passes by then.

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope you get the Camaro running the numbers Dusty,but more importantly i hope you get the coupe back out as soon as ,i love seeing that car flying round the back lanes around the Pod ,Bry
Thanks Bry...I aim to have the coupe done by Friday tea time...should be a simple like-for-like nuts and bolts job...but we know how that goes.

Will we see Henry out soon?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.