Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted F.A.S.T efi to their small block. I’ve just ordered the kit from US. I’d be interested to hear people’s experience?
Thanks

·
Registered
1952 Chevrolet 3100
401 Posts
not a FAST unit, but fitted a Holley Sniper and it was a bloody nightmare.

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,657 Posts
I have the Fast 2.0 set up but not installed it yet,
A few golden rules to lesson the risk of issues;
Use an in-tank pump in preference to an inline one,
Be sure to wire the main ecu to the battery and keep the ecu away from the coil or ht leads etc that may cause electrical interference,
Fast systems arent keen on low vacuum engines, they generally like the intake to be around 9 inches or more at idle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Fast 2.0 set up but not installed it yet,
A few golden rules to lesson the risk of issues;
Use an in-tank pump in preference to an inline one,
Be sure to wire the main ecu to the battery and keep the ecu away from the coil or ht leads etc that may cause electrical interference,
Fast systems arent keen on low vacuum engines, they generally like the intake to be around 9 inches or more at idle.
Thanks, when do you plan to fit yours ? Obviously I’ll read all the instructions. Not sure what vacuum I have but will check. An in tank pump isn’t an option as the kit is ordered and it’s going on my trike. The main reason for the change is E10. The 1901 carb I have doesn’t like E5 much and it’s only going to get worse. Hoping I may squeeze out a couple more MPG more than HP

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,657 Posts
Thanks, when do you plan to fit yours ? Obviously I’ll read all the instructions. Not sure what vacuum I have but will check. An in tank pump isn’t an option as the kit is ordered and it’s going on my trike. The main reason for the change is E10. The 1901 carb I have doesn’t like E5 much and it’s only going to get worse. Hoping I may squeeze out a couple more MPG more than HP
Wont be installing mine for a little while,
If you have a stockish engine then you should have enough vacuum,
Didn’t know you were fitting to a trike,
If you have a bike style tank with an outlet at the bottom then it’ll be better than a car tank than can have poor supply and motor stumbling when the tank is low,
An inline can work well but in tank is always better where poss for longer pump life for the cooler running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts