fadster form
2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  speedemon32 
#1 ·
He's at it again!!!!
Nostalgia Nationals Saturday....

Well done Andy, thanks for the show!!!

See less See more
#10 ·
Just damaged the diff, nowt spectacular...got most of the parts to repair it. I know the diff was the weakest point of the whole deal so I'd already bought the diff out of "Honky Tonkin", a 35 spline aluminium jobby which should do nicely.

Gotta say, I was delighted with the weekend. The 8.8 came entirely unexpected, I figured we were getting to the bottom of the barrel with this tune, but then we pull .16 tenths off the PB.......crikey.

Anyway, thanks to all for the great comments and the support we received all weekend............we'll do our best to keep it happening.:D

#14 ·
First have to say how relieved I was that Helen was ok, cars can be fixed, people take a lot more effort.

Many may not know but for the last twenty years we have insisted on a helmet and seatbelt ruling for ALL cars at the Hot Rod Drags and Nostalgia Nationals, irrespective of what et and terminal speed they run. It's often been a bone of contention but when you are at a run what you brung you don't know who or what you will be paired with. I hope Andy won't mind me repeating a tale he told me at the weekend but it illustrates the point. In a race recently with another car that was waaaay out of his time bracket, a head start was sportingly agreed. A stall on the line meant the 'catch up' was more pronounced. All still went to plan and Andy cruised past and went back to put the kettle on. The point is, in such a situation someone in a stupidly slow car could end up in an altercation with a quicker car trying to play catch up.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I thought it was a good opportunity to make a point when people quote the 100mph/11sec ruling regarding helmets. As long as I have anything to do with the Nostalgia Nationals and Hot Rod Drags it will never be an option.

Back to the plot...

#17 ·
It was a bit of a brown underpant moment Tony but....well, I've had those before after various hot curries so I'll survive this one...

Does make you reflect and think about your own safety and plans are afoot to make a few changes on the T, although safety has improved considerably over last season, when is it too much ? Like never !

#18 ·
andy fadster;24464 Does make you reflect and think about your own safety and plans are afoot to make a few changes on the T said:
I keep telling you you need a bit more length...........:smoke:

food for thought......................... :tup:

Sid.

#19 ·
Thanks for that Sid,marvelous !!,Bry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.