Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I never really got to build a car with my dad, though we did loads of stuff together.
Show us your "Father and son, or daughter or kids or even wife" car or bike builds

To start off, I found this thread.......

Here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=305723

He started with this:

Ended up here.

Go on, show us what you have.

Unfortunately, even with Nicola's kids, I have Zero interest, so will keep doing it alone, or with her , which is not a bad thing in itself.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Man that is cool, I wish I could of got my Son interested in working on our car, I started the build before he was born and finished it when he was 14 and not once did he help me out :shake: He does like hanging out with me in it now its finished though. He's 17 now and I'm on the look out for a project for him, maybe this time he will help me, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man that is cool, I wish I could of got my Son interested in working on our car, I started the build before he was born and finished it when he was 14 and not once did he help me out :shake: He does like hanging out with me in it now its finished though. He's 17 now and I'm on the look out for a project for him, maybe this time he will help me, but I doubt it.
Know what you mean Dave, Never had any kids of my own, ended up bringing other peoples kids up (Wife had miscarraige 17 years ago, divorce after that etc)

Nicola's son is such a nice kid at times, but X-Box and a lifetime to date at 14 where earning stuff by working for it is not part of his frame of reference.

There is a local kid, now about 17 who had an ASBO at age 14 who asked me to teach him to weld, and is always wanting to weild tools at my place, maybe I should adopt him and just get my teaching kicks that way.

Kids have their own pressures these days, and also the world has changed so much and their interests are just not the same as ours.

For them a £200 Corsa with loud music, which they can weigh in when it fails MOT is all they want. None of this knuckle skinning and arc eyes stuff.

Maybe I should teach Nicola to weld, she knows the basics of her 100E as well as many guys already.

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
i surpose vin likes diesels M.O. project is father and son , as my dad rodded it in the 70`s .it was stored in the early 80`s .my bro dragged it out of the garage about 4 months ago and started the next incaration of the car

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
My Dad shared a love of bikes with my brother and I but whenever I brought another car home it would always be ''what do you want that bloody thing for''. When I was racing though he would crew for me when I was short and he loved every minute. Not only helping with the car itself but would muck in with other racers and really enjoy his weekend.
Lost him recently and would give anything to hear those immortal words once more...

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
My son Aaron, worked on my 57 with me. He was 14 when I first got it.
Now he's 19, I bought this for us to both work on & drive. Unfortunatly even with a 2.3 I cant get him on the insurance, but he should be able to have a trip up the strip in it (even tho a slow one).
Even tho I've had it a couple of months, neither of us have had chance to do anything to it yet, mainly due to the crap weather.

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts
my dad and i have been doing this for 10 years now...cheers dad:tup:

from that to this..

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Kind of a father son build.... i build ..he drives !!

He does like helping out in the garage though & has done some mig welding

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kind of a father son build.... i build ..he drives !!

He does like helping out in the garage though & has done some mig welding

I yhink Nicola took a bunch of pics of that car earleir last year.

Some great shared projects here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm surprised theres no post on here yet from truxdelux and his son gedney rodder, building cars together since the early eighties..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts