Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was this one. Forgive it it's slightly not quite right wheelbase and IFS (and that is no slight on the owner at all) but i'm certain it is a 27T body on a herald chassis, with all the the stock running gear. very simple and very effective. anyone know the owner? I would love to have a chat with him.

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
a nice alternative to the scimitar rebody route perhaps, wonder what the vitesse version would be like,:tup: nice and basic,i like it, "the man from hell, he say yes:twisted::tup:]

·
MarkT
1,118 Posts
Just noticed the reg plate on the car in front KHX 692 my old Hudson i aint seen that for a while ......More good memories :D the only car the miss's helped with , well she controlled the engine hoist as i shouted "lower lower" as i put the engine n box in :shake::pmsl::pmsl::pmsl::pmsl:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Triumph front suspension is a lot better than it's given credit for. Lotus used it on Europas. Cars like this are making more and more sense as new rules and regulations bite!

Rog.

·
Banned
150 Posts
LlKE YOU SAY....Wheelbase not quite right , but its acceptable....

To echo Rog and others ......This is possibly the way things are going....the Herald is 92'' , bit short for a 27 Roadster , but if you used a RPU body mounted just in front of the rear axle and shifted the engine and box back......( acceptable under the re-body rules ) You'd have a reasonable looking Modified with a Transverse rear spring up behind the body and front axle in front of the grille .....could work !!

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or buy a correctly registered old rod and give it a revamp. Variation on the rebody , Jago 23 T . Keep saving Taff, you KNOW you want it really :) Currently getting a slight makeover again.

will you stop it?! you know I am weak :pmsl:

besides, I've already offered you my organs lol!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
This is a standard Vitesse chassis.

I doubt it would be much use for a rod body. To keep it legal all the outriggers including the rear diagonal ones and the side rails would have to stay along with the bulky front rail. A Spitfire frame doesn't have the side and rear outriggers but still has the bulky front rails

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
I believe Spitfire doesn't have the outriggers ? ACE has just completed clarifying some info re body swaps onto Triumph chassis' and will be producing an article shortly. Meanwhile if anyone is about to start /finish one feel free to contact for details.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.