Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my son as just starting hanging about about in dave haskels rodshop helping out when he can.he as seen him build some nice cars so yesterday he asked me who built the best hot rods.so i thought i would ask on here thanks danny

·
Registered
889 Posts
There are plenty of good rod builders about that you do not hear so much about as they dont realy promote themseles and just stick to building nice rods. The one who has caught my eye is wayne of odd rods he to is one that is low key and not in your face but he does do all his own work and not try to fool people he has done some fantastic work that is not his own work. Like some builders do just to big themselves up.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Dave Rothwell springs to mind for rods, someone who thinks 'outside the box'.
I think a what a lot of the shops put together is a bit kit like ie 350/350 in a 32 any colour you like.:(
Chris Isaacs would build my next street/strip car if I could ever afford to pay someone else, his engineering and bracket work is stunning.8)
John sleath for speed........
There's so many good shops now aint there?

Dave

·
Registered
327 Posts
There are plenty of good rod builders about that you do not hear so much about as they dont realy promote themseles and just stick to building nice rods. The one who has caught my eye is wayne of odd rods he to is one that is low key and not in your face but he does do all his own work and not try to fool people he has done some fantastic work that is not his own work. Like some builders do just to big themselves up.
We're ok, he's 'Rocket'd' off now.

Me mate Dave Rothwell is deffo way up there, low key as you like, Dave Haskell, Tim Hammond etc. None need to self promote and let there work speak for them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
theres so many zane ,,,jerry denning ,,frosty ,,john sleth ,,langy ,,,,
tim the hammond,, butler,,,,,,then theres the guys over at bedford,,,
you could fill the page ,,,,, now that,ll be food for thought ,,
rod build off brits ,,v,,the yanks,,,,,that would be so cool ,,

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mark higmans my hero hotrod builder! ;)

nah seriously this dudes got some serious talent, youjust wait til you see his pop, or triumph, and im sure theres a few people on here that will agree.
when you do see them, look very closly and you,l see so many cool little bits.

im off to wash my nose :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
IMHO from what i've seen , Tim Hammond , Jon Golding ( they may seem like kit cars to some but are still cool ) , Geoff Cousins & of course Steve Lang :smoke:

·
phantom raspberry blower
794 Posts
Dave Rothwell ,Tim Hammond , Jon Golding, Geoff Cousins, Steve Lang ,Dave Greenfield, Paul Burnham and of course my number 1 builder is BOYCEEEEE

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
C W MOTORS woody snr and his lads woody jnr & darren..
if i was to have another rod these guys would be building it i would'nt go anywhere else....

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
I can't really single out one specific person but I've got a lot of respect for anybody who can take an old, usually knackered vehicle and parts from various sources and turn them into something beautiful and functional and often better than new.
I'm including all the home builders in this too, give yourselves a pat on the back (or anyrthing else in the privacy of your own home):tup:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Steve Lang, which ties in nicely wi the first post as i believe he an Dave Haskel are best mates.

·
Two Sauces and a Sausage!
1,642 Posts
theres so many zane ,,,jerry denning ,,frosty ,,john sleth ,,langy ,,,,
tim the hammond,, butler,,,,,,then theres the guys over at bedford,,,
you could fill the page ,,,,, now that,ll be food for thought ,,
rod build off brits ,,v,,the yanks,,,,,that would be so cool ,,
FROSTY,AND JOHN SLETH ,Hot rod builders nahh!!!!! Builders of extreemly fast record breaking cars.YES.top notch racers yes.technicaly astute yeh!and think outside the box.but hot rod builders nahh..

·
Registered
748 Posts
There are plenty of great Rod builders out there but there is this one made spanish guy that runs a rod shop in Mictham, Surrey and he puts together some realy nice cars from Rods to Customs Yanks you name it.
If you ever want a car to handle then this is the Guy for you.
He's done suspension work on my car a generaly setting it up and the transformation is amazing.
If you ever need a Rod shop down south check this guy out his workshop is amazing and theres always intresting projects and top quality cars there.
He goes by the name of Tino and he's a realy cool dude just beware of his dog lol :D

Tino's Rod Shop
Mitcham,
Surrey
0208 640 3076

·
Registered
999 Posts
Mainly a builder of rods for himself, than building cars for customers, but I reckon my mate Paul Hobby can give a few a run for their money.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts