Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
construction regs say you need them for mud and rain so if its dry............??????/, even if you get nicked(seriously doubt it) it isn't undorseable, ie no points just a fine, i've driven without them for ages, never met a copper yet who knew the con regs properly, their more concerned with young guys in saxo's with tax or insurance. it's your call, but most period rods, and rats don't use them, i use detachable ones in the winter to extend my season.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
johnny its not an endorsable offence. the police can, and have so in the past, slap a prohibition notice on you there and then and you cant drive any further, think you might need to get the car re-MOTd as well. do a search on the forum about it, theres been a dozen or so posts about it already with all the info there.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Some tractors are depending on their design allowed to travel on the roads but within a limited distance of their registered farm / business. Therefore they dont have to conform to regular MOT or construction rules.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.