Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Got salt
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a '71 front nosecone on my '79 Trans-am. Its all fitted, but the bonnet is different.
I got a stock '71 bonnet but its rusty & weighs a ton so I'd like to get a fibreglass one made - preferably with a cowl-induction bulge like I had on the '79 one.
You can get 'em from the US, but I dont want to even think about the shipping cost.
Anyway, I'd prefer to spend the dough locally.
So; anyone know a man that can? as near to Norfolk as poss.

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,646 Posts
Dale at DRE would likely be the best guy for this,sorry no number for him,
but, by the time you/he repairs the hood,
fits the cowl induction to your old hood,
preps it,
then takes a mould from it,
makes the first hood from the mould,

i'd guess there may not be a great difference in cost in getting one from someone in the US who already has a mould then shipping the slow but cheaper way in someones container, like r&r imports?

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Defineately Dale at DRE, he has hundreds of molds. He made a lot of Snow White, his work is first class. Green Onions on here will know his contact details, PM him.
Rog.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
At one time I had a British made glass hood on a Trans Am. Can't remember the name of the manufacturer but Tony Dickson used to sell their stuff. May be worth asking around before commiting to having one made?
Failing that I would second buying one in the States and then getting somebody such as Russ at R&R to bring it over in a container As has been said the fabrication of a one off may be just as expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
DRE -Dale 07979215112 01993772317 There ya go Briz

·
Got salt
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I'll give Dale a try.
You might be right about getting one from the states - I did think of Russ, but he ships from the east coast and the likliest supplier I found was in CA so theres freight to be paid there too.

·
Registered
585 Posts
DRE -Dale 07979215112 01993772317 There ya go Briz
Bri, do you know if these details are still up to date? There's a chap in the States after a one piece T34 Karmann Ghia nose and he knows Dale did them in the past. You don't have an email address by any chance?
Cheers, Neil

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
The numbers are still good Neil, Im pretty sure dale doesnt do the web or emails, Bry

·
Registered
999 Posts
The numbers are still good Neil, Im pretty sure dale doesnt do the web or emails, Bry
Correct Bry, Dale only does phone.

Dale doesn't or can't answer straightaway as he can be in the middle of a large glass job. So best to leave a voice mail or keep trying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts