Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,where do we start !,Brilliant weekend(for the most part!)these pic's pretty much give you an idea what a top time we had,Liam's belated birthday bash turned into an epic,the boys done you proud mate !,the track time is allways a bit sporadic at this meet,but warmer conditions made for some decent passes,the only downer was the ridiculous incident on our last pass,that im not going to air on here,but am sure the powers involved will be looking very carefully at there night racing procedures for the future........Bry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I've always loved the Flame & Thunder and this year was business as usual. Night racing is as good as it gets. Bryan did a great job of keeping temperature in the motor, one of the problems that catches you out at this event. He also did a great driving job especially on the last run.
After the racing we sat outside had a barbe and finished off all of the half empty bottles that had been lying around in the van. And then to the Bar for a couple.
On Sunday morning we woke to torrential rain, flooded pits and a howling gale but I wouldn't be anywhere else. A brilliant weekend, thanks Bryan, Louise, Lewis, Liam, Daz and Ginner.
Rog.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Hello. Those first two pictures are so so good. So much atmosphere in them. Brilliant. Picture 3 looks like he is drinking some thing that should have gone in the car. LOL.
It was a good year for Transmission Fluid and it lubricates his Talk Converter.

Rog.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello. Those first two pictures are so so good. So much atmosphere in them. Brilliant. Picture 3 looks like he is drinking some thing that should have gone in the car. LOL.
Ken my daughter took the pic's on a no money camera !,and believe it or not i dont smoke and thats coca-cola Ha Ha

This is is a crap pic, but perfectly sums up the atmosphere of the F&T

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First two Photos are Kool Bry,,,,,:tup:
Is that the Old boys head in the middle

Bob....
It is indeed Bob,could'nt have a better bunch on the Line,Bry

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
richard rawlplug
8,228 Posts
flame and thunder was a good event,standing behind the tower in the dark watching the nitro funny cars was a favorite moment.
the party later on was always going to be a good one down to the fact of the presence of team bigjob (we race hard and party even harder).:drunk::drunk:
we did our best to rid the planet of red stripe,guiness,wine,lager..and one of my favorites margeritas in plastic cups served by the best mixer alive ..mr roger butterworth..lou's food was well appreciated as was lewis on the bbq...this man can sure cook :tup:

hell i even got a surprise birthday present from rog consisting of a bottle of jim beam....cheers mate.

all in all a quality weekend with good mates all i have to do is sit and wait for next season....roll on 2010.....

did anyone else get any good pics as i forgot my kamera batteries like a twat.?????????

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Those pictures remind me that I'm SO looking forward to having a beer or two with you boys again next year :tup::tup::tup:
you and me both brother............:wave:

liam, love your reason for the edit.....:pmsl:

glad you all made it home safe..

Sid.

·
richard rawlplug
8,228 Posts
like what you done with the pic bob...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.