Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
This is exactly the reason that the SCTA at Bonneville insist on a 1/4" thick burst plate around the flywheel/flex plate area to protect the drivers feet as I'm sure a good few drag racing classes over here do to.

If it moves, over engineer it and if it doesn't move it's probably got something fitted to it that does so always use safety specs as a minimum requirement.:tup:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Not just manual cars, yellow road runner at mopars or garys picnic years ago had the auto box let go internaly, the drivers footwell floor/transtunnel was like a grenade had gone off under it, I think he was lucky & just badly shaken from it.

·
richard rawlplug
8,162 Posts
just ask ian norman (outlaw anglia) and the god that is don garlits..

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
Not just manual cars, yellow road runner at mopars or garys picnic years ago had the auto box let go internaly, the drivers footwell floor/transtunnel was like a grenade had gone off under it, I think he was lucky & just badly shaken from it.
Was it the Pro-Mod thats transmission 'let go' at the Pod a couple of years ago also and shrapnel hit a guy on the banking - killed him?

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
it was a tooth off the ring gear,and the inspection covers had been left off,due to lack of turn round time,and trying to cool the cluches down

·
Registered
999 Posts
Was it the Pro-Mod thats transmission 'let go' at the Pod a couple of years ago also and shrapnel hit a guy on the banking - killed him?
You sure this was a Pro Mod, fairly certain it wasn't as my mate was held with his Team for 3-4 hours after the event, while the Police were trying to establish what happened, as initially it was thought to be a homicide matter.

it was a tooth off the ring gear,and the inspection covers had been left off,due to lack of turn round time,and trying to cool the cluches down
Due to the pressures of a quick turn round, the cover was forgotten..... ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts