Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all.

Thought I'd shout up and see if anyone has any experience with P100's. I'm in the market for a new daily/weekend workhourse and have been looking at smaller vans and somehow forgotten about Ford P100's. I've always liked them and remind me of the "Utes" I owned in Oz. They aren't silly money as yet either, anything from £1-3K.

I went to have a look at one yesterday (£1500) and plan to have a look at some more out there. However before I do I thought I'd see if there's advice and anything particular to look out for on them.

My only plans would be to lower one slightly and throw some rims on it, nothing flash.

Appreciate any feedback from owners or those that have worked on them.

Cheers Dan:tup:

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I had one for years,mine was a 2.0L petrol,very reliable,it was the rust that let it down,if it wasn't for the rust,I'd still have it(that was 12 years ago)
Make sure the fuel gauge works,common problem,you have to take the back of to fix it ! Not a five minute job !
Edit,I used to do the anti roll bar rubbers every year,a diddle to do !
(I owned it about ten years)

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68102

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I've had two P100's , one had a leaking fuel tank, you have to take the pick up bed off to get at it ! Watch out for that !
Both were late ones with the Sierra interior , great truck with a very large bed. :tup:

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Back in the day Ooh Ooh Motorsport were the boys for hot P100s, Rob had a cosworth YB powered one and Steve had a 2.9 V6 one later with a cosworth V6, both had capri rear axles and saloon front legs I believe. I think they did a how too on flipping the rear axle for either streetmachine or classic ford magazine?
Great fun, if a bit tail happy ;)

Chaley

1 - 12 of 12 Posts