Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought my Pop last year which has a V8 Rover enine in it. I am looking to have a Small Block Chevy fitted next year and wondered if anyone could suggest engine supplier and fitter? Cheers Mark

·
37 slantback
423 Posts
my brothers put a chevy in his pop tpi 305 ,if you look at his pics in garage scene somewhere ,dez58pop ,has for the ford ,yes a good engine but plenty more bits avaliable for the chevy and a lot more dress up bits ,compared to the ford my opinion chevy all day long

·
Premium Member
14,678 Posts
Yep, ford, dizzy at front, less weight than a chevy,easily as many parts available as chevy. Did i say less weight?

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
The lightest of all iron blocks - 289"s will rev higher than any other V8 - smallest of the V8 family - no brainer really gasser! :tup:

·
Turbo 4 pot freak
1,891 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
with the extra weight of a chevy over a rover you wont get much difference in permformance if they are both stock motors.

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
with the extra weight of a chevy over a rover you wont get much difference in permformance if they are both stock motors.
but a chevy is a hell of a lot cheeper to tune

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I'm a Chevy man but a 302 or other small block ford in a pop would be my choice all day long. Throw in a 347 and blow everyone else away!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Interested in this thread as thinking of doing the same. But can you put a V8 Ford and leave the Viva front suspension? I beleive you have no worries if its a Rover V8 but not sure about the suspension with a Ford or Chevy lump?

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Interested in this thread as thinking of doing the same. But can you put a V8 Ford and leave the Viva front suspension? I beleive you have no worries if its a Rover V8 but not sure about the suspension with a Ford or Chevy lump?
with ally heads and water pump the ford small block is only 80 lbs heavier,and proper torque to boot!

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts
i had a 302 chevy,that rev'd to 8500 rpm . mind you they are quite rare.

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts