Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon chaps and a very happy "in between" to you, all done and dusted in the presents department and guess what i now own--a brand new headlining for the pop:tup: only trouble is i have bugger all else roof lining wise, not even the knowledge of how to fit it i have a hand drawn sketch of the fittings from one of the pop sites but that is not very detailed or clear.
can any of you very fine chaps assist with the knowledge i need bearing in mind there is nothing in the car and it also has a roof chop.
some of the questions i need answered are,
do i need some wood around the windows to nail it to?
do i nail it to wood around the windows?
have you got build up photo's
has anyone got some fittings i could scrounge/buy/copy?

so many questions bought about by the fact that i'm stupid :sniff:(uninformed) and i am better at taking things apart and then putting them back again and this time i have got nothing to remove to see how its done.

thanks in advance (and hope).

Glenn

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello there Paul "happy something or other" to you:tup: how you doing?.
good info as usual completely forgot what Whiff does :shake:.
do you think he might know of a source for bits as well clearly he will know everything about fitting it
Glenn

·
Registered
357 Posts
Glenn

Let me know how you get on...I have 3 wires that I can lend you as a pattern and I am just in Worthing. I have ordered a new lining myself and will be trying to do it so anything / mistakes you do let me know. When it comes (waited 6 weeks). You can have a look at the wood in the side windows maybe take a pattern as well if you wish

Cheers

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm now back from sunny(ish) spain, no really it was sunny with a bit of rain.
Can't beat good friends taking you away for new year and your birthday can you??(actually they live there), anyway nuff rambling folks-Grahame and mark i may get back to you on your offers however i think it is about time i showed my face at "Paul's gig" i hope it don't look like i'm only after something though.
Paul - as said i will come and be socialable (see i don't even know how to spell it) but don't worry i will make a point of not asking about roof linings -- yet, won't be too soon because i don't have a car to get anywhere bloody weather has stopped me getting out and seeing one in brum i liked the look of, but i will come along and see if you lot can tolerate my company

glenn

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello i have just joined this group, i am wanting info on fitting a new headliner on my 1953 Ford Anglia,i seem to be short of the wires as they are called,i have the other wires with a hole in one side and a straight end on the other,i do not know how any of them actualy fasten on to the car ?,i found a detailed pick of the wires and there lengths from a ford pop which are possibly the same as my Anglia ?,any help would be much appreciated Thanks i am in the U.K. 01429 870767,m/b 0775 9874810,[email protected] , i went to a guy who will supply the material but he said he did not know how the wires are fitted

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.