Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Ford ranchero pick up 1972, this was imported about 3 years ago. I purchased it as soon as it came in the country. First off i had it in a body shop which straightened all the panels, then had a paint shop spray it the same colour as my work trucks. Since then i've fitted air suspension and a 460 big block, but now i'm moving away and giving up my work shop I'm not able to complete. Obviously being a 1972 vehicle it qualifies for tax exempt and classis car insurance.

The air aigs do work but the wiring needs doing for the air compressor and the switches (i can show them working). It comes complete with a new digital daykota air gauge system. The interior needs finishing it's had a new carpet, headlining and retrimmed bench seat but it still needs putting back together. The gearbox and axle are fine as I've driven it up the road and the brakes are all working. I purchased the big block (72 lincoln engine) about 18 months ago from ebay been told it is a good runner, it has a new hei distributor, high torque starter and fuel pump. The engine is mounted and bolted up to the gearbox but needs wiring and exhaust. There is no shocks mounted at present, I've fitted new poly bushes to the front suspension. I have all the bumpers and brackets, I was going to paint the bumpers as the chrome isnt any good on them, I also have the window trim for the front and rear windows. The windscreen is brand new. I do have a set of five spoke 20 inch wheels and tyres i will offer to the winning bidder at extra cost. Theres probaly loads i have forgot please ask any questions if unsure. I have around £7k in this pick up and i know i'm not going to get my money back but I'm not giving it away. I have all the paperwork to register it and can advise how too, it's not hard once mot'd.

This is on ebay at present eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi mate ,Matt the guy with the t4 on ebay. Didnt know you was on here. Send us your email and I will send some pics.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yes,,,a 4.6 v8 mustang engine ,,from a 2006 car,,,
you guys helped to get it into rear of mercedez vito,,
i spotted a VW beetle at rear ,,a 58,,loved it,,
you told it wasnt for sale,,
engine will be fired up soon,,,
truck will look really state of art..

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Hello,,,exeter,,,hows it going?

·
Registered
895 Posts
do you still have the ranchero for sale if so can you measure the bed length for me please with the tailgate up cheers Guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts