Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a 1998 Ford modular 5.4 V8 engine and box, believe it or not this has done less than 3000miles from new, it came from a damaged ex USAF vehicle, comes with starter, alternator, air con pump, power steering pump and cooler, oil cooler and lines, downpipes, cats, lambda's, ecu, etc, as well as a 4R70EW 4 speed overdrive autobox and lockup converter. its been stored inside since removal, and is in "as new" condition, absolute bargain, £550 firm for everything.

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
still for sale, but be aware this is a tall engine with the injection manifold that comes with this model. apparently a mustang manifold will drop the overall height considerably, or would be ideal for a truck as is.

·
Registered
141 Posts
still for sale, but be aware this is a tall engine with the injection manifold that comes with this model. apparently a mustang manifold will drop the overall height considerably, or would be ideal for a truck as is.
I think you can also bolt on the later 5.4 manifols which is much lower. I worked on these and also the 4.6 when we put them in to rover 75's. This is a bargain and a lot of mod motor tuning going on now in the us so great potential too :tup:

Tony

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The measurements of this engine are as follows, front to back, (not inc gearbox)29" width, header to header 29" height, sump to top of manifold 34" height engine mount to top of manifold 24".

·
Registered
8 Posts
was this out of a truck am well interested got an f150 sitting at work with a knackerd motor in it!!!!!! Shame to let it sit there can you pm me your mobile number

1 - 14 of 14 Posts