Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this 1 i owned when i bought it from treve,it was yellow with moon eqp logo on the side when i got it(but i aint got a pic of when it was yellow)this is how it was years before i had it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Good old Treve ... maybe we should start a thread on all the cars he has owned:pmsl::pmsl::pmsl:

Give me a bit & i will put up some pics of one i put together for someone

·
Registered
725 Posts
Right then.... back in the early 90s as no one could be found to put this back on the road for the owner she (lou) was put in touch with me :tup:my answer was that i couldnt see a problem so get it over to me :tup:all she wanted was it done to a rolling chassis so she could finish it

This is how i first found it....

she set every thing in the above picture up to make it look better lol, but i could see what was needed and below is how it came to me :eek::shock::shock:i have to say though that the pictures dont do it justice.....it was not as good as it looks in the pictures :eek:...spanners face said it all

She had a mk4 cortina which i was to use as the donor car, sadly someone had already tried fixing the doors for her & made a bad job of them but from that i did what you see the cab was very bad with no back or door shuts to it & loads of rust !!

new front chassis, floor, bulk head, rear cab, door shuts, front screen opening & banded front wings

And yes she got it done & on the road :tup: And no i have no idea where it is now ??

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
heres one i was putting a pop front on but plans changed

heres a couple of the previously mentioned mooneyes van

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres a couple of the previously mentioned mooneyes van

ah thats the 1 i had.
just found this pic on e83w ownersclub forum so she still around any1 now who owns it now?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Whilst investigating an old derelict farm building over xmas i stumbled across this in the front room.

In a small backroom there was a rusting pile of parts but nothing salvagable and probably not from the same vehicle.

Found some other early tin but someone had already nicked the running gear:lol:

·
Registered
527 Posts
cool thread...and i know where theres a cab/wings/bonnet /grille and chassis just laying hidin by a big bush :tup:......drag project????

·
Registered
992 Posts
Started building 1 of these in the early 80s but my garage blew down so sold it as unfinished project.some guy from wolverhamton bought it often wonder if if got finished.if anybody kwows let me know

·
originals hrc
573 Posts
dave's truck started out as an e83w!!

alot of potential in those parts hiding behind that bush:incheek:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts