Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure what its costing to run this forum! but was wondering if it would be an idea to donate something towards the costs? or sell T shirts, run forum auctions etc
just an idea

·
Registered
20 Posts
not sure what its costing to run this forum! but was wondering if it would be an idea to donate something towards the costs? or sell T shirts, run forum auctions etc
just an idea
I dont mind giving up food for a day and donating the money saved......that should keep the forum up and running for at least a couple of years..:pmsl:

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
funny you should say that..... i started 2day.... hoping to shift about 10 stone...yes you read correctly thats 10 stone.. BIGTED X:tup:
so if you sucseed bigted will we be knowing you as just ted!!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
funny you should say that..... i started 2day.... hoping to shift about 10 stone...yes you read correctly thats 10 stone.. BIGTED X:tup:
Ted you said you was at the Queens pub last Saturday but not sure who you was didnt think anyone needed to lose so much although I have another 3 stone to go ....

·
i took the red pill
62 Posts
Someone please inform me how much a stone is ?:D

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Someone please inform me how much a stone is ?:D
A little bit less than a rock :shake:

14lb to a stone (i think) 2.2lb to 1kg (i think)

But then a gain i could be well wrong tis a long time since i went to school :tdown:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yeh 14lbs to a stone (cos there's 8 stones to 1cwt (a hundredweight)...) And yes, I remember farthings and half-crowns too..... :shake:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
Yeh 14lbs to a stone (cos there's 8 stones to 1cwt (a hundredweight)...) And yes, I remember farthings and half-crowns too..... :shake:
But what about Groats?

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
ok, Si, if your cool with funding at the moment thats great, but some food for thought? i (along with others it appears) don't want to see anyone out of pocket.
The BMW forum i use take donations per month from users to pay it's way, and shows it on a scale which is visble on every page you go onto.
The 28dayslater forum has a donate button to it's paypal link for donations, which also shows on every page

examples here:-
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/index.php

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
I dont mind giving up food for a day and donating the money saved......that should keep the forum up and running for at least a couple of years..:pmsl:
LOL hey Ted went up to see Jerry today and guess who we ended up talking about? yep we both had a smile and said the same thing, there's a bloke that's enjoying life to the full, top man!
if your feeling down just go see our Ted.......he'll put that smile back!:tup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well firstly.. my nikname of ted is down to my grandad whoes name was edward and my initials are D.E.T.... turn 'em backwards and ya get ted........

hot rod widow.... thnx for the compliment i was at the queens meet.. i was the one with the hot rod drags t-shirt on... and the pic on the back probably resembled more of a stretch hotrod due to the stretch to fit .. lmao..

and paul... i just left a messeage on the other side mate... its a shame i didnt know you were coming down this way you coul have popped in for a cuppa mate... and jerry top bloke.. the man that made my dream come true.....

And just to let you all know i am going to do my diet and try to raise to money for cancer research... once i achieve my goal i will let you all know.....

and i will then be known as........SLIM BOY NOT SO FAT TED.. X X

p.s i cant wait to get the WHOLE of my ar5e in the seat of the pop...getting fed up with tram lines on either cheek.... BIGTED. X

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Thanks for that Ted introduce yourself next time think I remember you.. but there was so many there .... you going to the Secret Cafe in the morning?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts