Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!I'm sure most folk on here would agree that there is no finer sound than a V8,but i do have to say that i love the sound of a four pot being rung to within an inch of it's life!!If you agree then post your fav clip of a good old four pot being given the berries!I'll start with this one!This blokes quite handy at the old driving mallarky too!!:rule:

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
The bit at 1 minute 17 was special. A 6R4 Metro at full chat is something worth listening too.

·
MarkT
1,117 Posts
They used to build them at the old Rover factory (now BMW) across the road from me and used to give them a test drive up the dual carrageways next to the factory in the early hours of the morning the amount of times id be going home and 1 would come past you on what appeared full chat with the noise coming from the exhaust was awsome :tup:
A 6R4 Metro at full chat is something worth listening too.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
He aint bad is he ,
as for a 6r4 flat out is a special noise even though its not a 4 cylinder , use to love watching the british rallycross down lydden back in the day 6r4s , t16 205 , rs200 them nutty audi s great days and noise . martin schanche was the man.

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
I was once asked how I got the Rover in my CF sounding so good.......... It was a Streight 6 ventora lump with a Transit diesel based exhaust system....... This was a well respected rodder and chassis builder who frequents this wonderful place.
Must admit it did sound good.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Doesn't sound particularly great, but for 'driven to within an inch of their life'......

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bit at 1 minute 17 was special. A 6R4 Metro at full chat is something worth listening too.
That's my favourite bit of the clip!Watched it over quite a few times.Think he must take his brain out and put it in the glovebox:wacky:C'mon where's all the clips?I'll see what i can find!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He aint bad is he ,
as for a 6r4 flat out is a special noise even though its not a 4 cylinder , use to love watching the british rallycross down lydden back in the day 6r4s , t16 205 , rs200 them nutty audi s great days and noise . martin schanche was the man.
Haha,i rememer having an old crash compilation video that had Martin Schanche rallycrossin on it!Body panels flyin off and passing people on the outside that sideways he was like 90 degrees to them!Used to make me laugh!:wacky:

·
/////////\\\\\\\\\
660 Posts
sorry... i'll find another one....

I put up what I though was a Pinto Powered dragster, but the car was called Pinto and was a v8... sorry scouring YouTube hasn't yielded any great results.

I was specifically thinking of the Pinto powered Just4Fun rail run over here and the Cossie Probe (John Tebenham?)

Sorry for wasting a thread space.. :tdown:

Dom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts