Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please reply on this thread if you want this to save any arguments.
I have free a vintage Aerostyle compressor. This runs and works perfectly except the safety valve is sticking. The compressor runs up and the safety valve then blows open but does not shut again until the pressure drops right down. Last time I used it was about 5 years back when the valve worked perfectly but we ran it up this week and the valve was sticking. Easily replaced or just strip it down and free it off.
I have had this for nearly forty years in which time it has painted many cars. It was formerly in the bodyshop of a friends father and dates back to the fifties. It was three phase but was then converted to run on single phase and has always run at home with no fuse blowing problems etc. I do not know the cfm but it is big. There are two linked tanks and a filter regulator. The whole lot sits in it's own cradle on wheels and is easily moved around though bloody heavy. This thing ticks over like an old Velocette and sounds lovely. If I had the space I would keep it but it doesn't get used now. Needs a damn good clean but would look great in a period style garage. My mate reckons it looks crap but I think it's pretty cool and have a sentimental attachment to it, a piece of my past going. I have been told that they are collectable and to look in the stationary engine world for more guidance but I just want it gone.
You will need two people and a van to move it and sadly I am unable to help due to my health. It needs to be gone pretty quick as well as I really need the space.

A little donation to a cancer charity would be nice.;) (In memory of my parents)

It can be vaguely seen in these pics:

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to run a pressure cylinder sandblaster, the large upright cylinder type as well as painting. Never tried anything else.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hj Steve
I'll take it of your hands and take good care of it for you :) I could come over Wed Evening if you like.

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
And if for any reason Martin doesnt need it can I be next in line please steve?

Ta,

P.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Martin that's fine. Wednesday it is. I'll pm you.
I will put you down as reserve Paul!

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Martin that's fine. Wednesday it is. I'll pm you.
I will put you down as reserve Paul!

It even painted 'Super Pumpkin' orange once!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts