Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
What's the plot with this one? There's something familiar about the car, or at least the paint job rings a distant bell.

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
did this used to have blown rover in it?, i think i saw it many years ago at mid england roadsters do over at the rugby club by the m42, i think it arrived with a 100e

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Will the finished rod look the same as the original car in the photo's, cos it looks the dogs already.

Jeff

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did this used to have blown rover in it?, i think i saw it many years ago at mid england roadsters do over at the rugby club by the m42, i think it arrived with a 100e
yes it ran a blower
car has been sat on the office roof of weston performance for i think 10years last owner had it for about 30 years

looking at keeping very similar wider rear wings to cover wheels, new roof , new front end , roll cage and v8 of course redo all the body work new floor ,bulkhead,interiour and better spellin

·
Registered
616 Posts
Didn't think Trev would ever sell this. Will be good to see it back out. I will have a mooch through some old pics. Might have a couple of it from back in the day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn't think Trev would ever sell this. Will be good to see it back out. I will have a mooch through some old pics. Might have a couple of it from back in the day.
yes trev is a little gutted i think he is sorting some pics for me would love some pics its all good to see more
i will be good to see it at the track again in time to come
it will be almost the same look but with front wings and may be lowwered a little
still drawing up differnt ideas nothing set in stone yet other than its not been red before as far as i can see

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have counted 12 colors so far blue,met blue,orange,burgandy,pink,met green,met black,met green,met purple,bronze,gold,yellow and the original pale green on inside wheel arches.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
some more done when its not raining

paint flaking at sometime in its life wasnt keyed for paint and layers flaking with a little work

attempting to line up body work

new sheet metel for rear end

rear suspention out

i lines up

my inpresion of her look

ebay find smart loom now to build my own

4 hours later

suspention stripped

gear box stripped

metal finnally

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if anyone remembers it from the 70s 80s told id ran 12-13s at long marston would love some more pic or video
cheers neal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
long time coming but some updates
i am trying to do this as much as i can by recycling what i can find
new dash made from old filing unit

electric ford explorer seats first one shortened and narrowed

smart roadster loam were do i start

rear bulkhead moved back

land rover disco steering column £1.20 auto auction bargain