Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on here a while & am seriously impressed with the work you guys are doing, seen a few of you are into wagons so thought i better share something different for you guys. I own 3 wagons, 2 projects & the daily. Wagon 1s on hold for a year so i'm getting stuck into wagon number 2..... Wagon number 2 had been sitting under trees for 2 years & was offered to me for $300 so i bought it sight unseen, went out with a trailer $ bought iy home with the intention to wreck it out for bits for wagon number 1. Got it home & chucked some gas in it & away she went 1st click, hosed it down to get the spiders off it then realized i had a tidy rust free wagon.
Thought about it for a few days then number 2 wagon plan was hatched, this thing was going to be demo derby'd by the guys good friend i bought it off but he passed away so this is 1 lucky wagon. Anyways heres some pics of what i bought........

If you guys are interested i'll show what i've done with this thus far - this ones a budget build but shes very different & will stand out lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well shes an ongoing project at pres but so far i've welded up the back door handles & passenger door lock, this ones now a permanent 2 seater which dosent worry me owning 3 wagons. I've started decking the back out - made a cross bar in the back to support the front of a ply floor ( Widened single bed end ) & started making cabinets down the sides. I've shaved a tailgate for it i've got sitting in the shed, it wont take much to finish the rear now.
I'll be putting 5% tints right around her - i've been working on this for at least 6 months already so theirs been quite a bit done. These run a 3.0 Litre Nissan 6 from the factory so they go quite well, i've fitted extractors & a straight through 2.5 inch exhaust to it as well.
This ones an 87 but i'd say you guys over there will recognize my 81 model - same basic body shell but a different front - anyways i'll chuck up some pics........
I'll put up a pic of my 81 model 1st

1 - 3 of 3 Posts