Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I right in thinking that a fuel regulator should be full of fuel? It's the type with filter in a glass bowl.
I tried to start engine last night but didn't think enough fuel was getting through & when I checked regulator it wasn't full. I'm presuming it would be caused by fuel pump not working properly?

·
Registered
21 Posts
sometimes they can block up with tiny bits in the fuel system (rust and the like).......my Vortec SFMU is full of full as its just after the fuel rail heading back to the tank

You tube has a few "how too rebuild" type vids

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, don't see that being the issue, everything is new. I was worried the fuel pump might be in wrong place & not getting a good enough gravity feed, therefore not pumping enough to regulator. Might try another pump....

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,348 Posts
Isn't it simply an air lock in there ? ie once your car is full any air behind that is going to stay trapped . So to get a full regulator you need to pump through whilst not connected to the carb ?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, never thought about that kev, always presuming the worst here as I've had so many problems!
Will try that first, if no better think I'll stick my old su pump on & see if it helps.
Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts