Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my truck booked in for MOT on the 7th June.

The weekend I started it up and heard a bit of a blow on the one silencer/muffler.

So I suspect it is time to replace one/both sides as they appear to be mild steel.

I called Maidstone Exhaust services, who I used once before for a motorbike exhaust, and the telephone quote (guesstimate) was £300.00 for both sides from the headers back.

So the question, as I have no idea on cost and value..... is that a decent price and are there other options to suggest, keep in mind, I am in Rochester, and do not want to drive 200 miles for a bargain fitting.

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
Talk to Neil, Mygasser on here. lives near Faversham and built my system in mild steel. Stainless has a tinny sound that I don't like, so that's my reason.

Did a great job and at a very good price!

·
Registered
327 Posts
You could ring Burnham autos in higham gravesend for a quote they made mine and they are a real nice bit of work, your quote sounds good but depends what there workmanship is like always nice to see previous work.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next question, thanks to my mate Martin putting ideas in my head......

Where would I start looking for a pair of side exit Y-connectors (if thats what you call them)

The pipe that runs from the header connector flange to the rear is about 58mm outside diameter.

And what is sensible money to pay??

I inderstand from Martin he paid around £25 for a set of header connectors to the rest of the exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts