Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

i was just wondering what other options iv got gearbox wise to fit to my 3.5 V8

the engine came from an SD1 auto, i want to get an auto box for it as it didnt come with one, obviously i know the usual boxes that were used on the rover V8s borg warners etc

the reason i ask is that pop brown said that you can put on GM 180s and i was just wondering if theres anything else that will pretty much just bolt straight on

thanks

charles

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TATFINK

just wondering...what car is that gearbox from,

how much are you after and where are you based?

also do you know how many miles it has done and what sort of condition is it in?

please could you send me some photos of it to [email protected]

many thanks

charles

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hiya

your email hasnt come through...yet anyway...would it be possible to check your sent items or outbox for messages, might have got caught up in your system somewhere

many thanks

charles

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi everyone

i was just wondering what other options iv got gearbox wise to fit to my 3.5 V8

the engine came from an SD1 auto, i want to get an auto box for it as it didnt come with one, obviously i know the usual boxes that were used on the rover V8s borg warners etc

the reason i ask is that pop brown said that you can put on GM 180s and i was just wondering if theres anything else that will pretty much just bolt straight on

thanks

charles
You can go for the GM 180 as fitted to the last SD1 , it a fairly small box as auto boxes go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts