Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
seasoned knuckle buster
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its an old hop up trick that makes the dynaflow perform better,by increasing the high accumulator's LONG spring pressure.......To increase the power and decrease slippage in the trans...
I did it on my old 55 and the results were pretty sweet.

Procedure is as follows:Firstly ensure the trans is in good condition, bands correctly tightened - Find the High accumulator - Remove the original spring (long one) and replaced it with 1982 Chevy 2.5 oil pump spring (available in Chevy oil pump rebuildkit). The accumulator does not have to be taken off the car...

Improves power transfer through the trans and helps get these big ol' barges hustling

I will try to find the pix i took when i did the original spring swap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remove the original spring (long one) and replaced it with 1982 Chevy 2.5 oil pump spring (available in Chevy oil pump rebuildkit).
I'm in the process of rebuilding my Dyanflow and came across this post. I asked the transmission guy who is doing this for me (he's in his 60s and has been rebuilding these since they were new) and we came up with a couple of questions...

-Do you mean the engine oil pump, or the transmission oil pump? (We are assuming the latter)
-Regarding the transmission oil pump kit, should we get the kit for a 350, or a 400 transmission? He said there were two transmission options...

Thanks in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.