Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right.... i have a ford capri with a 2.8 v6. iy has 2" tube headers into 2 1/2" dpwn pipes. i have fitted a set of what appears to be a set of stainless janspeed exhausts with 3" tips. BASICALLY it sounds like a crap corsa or saxo now.
i want the v8 burble sound. do i have to move the boxes???? Take em oit and fit one near the headers so the sound echos down the pipe???? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lose the boxes and fit 2.5 inch 'in and out' middle boxes ( eBay £30 ) then route the remainder of pipe to exit that should give you a nice burble. My friend has a Marcos running an Essex with this setup and it does sound the closest to a v8 I've heard from a v6.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Id get a v8 but its my daily driver and fuel is costly.
an injected 302 from a fox mustang, coupled to a t5 manual from the same car, drops in VERY easily, gives you the v8 burble, and about the same (if not slightly better) fuel consumption as a 2.8
Gary Leece (mfp66 on here) did it years ago, and with a stock motor (under drive pulleys, bbk shorty headers) and a shot of nitrous, managed a 12.01 quarter mile time too !

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,138 Posts
Too large a bore IMO. Can't see any point in bigger than 2" dual system ( unless 'you' think noise= power?) on under 250bhp.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I like the Thrush "Turbo" mufflers if you get them over there. They are cheap but good quality, quiet until you are getting on it and have a nice mellow sound in my opinion

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want it to have a nice rasp like a old standard mustang or cuda or something. i used to have 2" straight through turn outs but it shook windows a little its got to have a burble and not sound like a chav capri like most do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts