Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you who know me, I have now retired from Shakey Raceway, and would just like to thank all of you (you know who you are) for your kindness and friendship over the last 17 years. It has been a blast, and it was with a heavy heart I drove away from the track yesterday.

Take care all

Tony

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
NO, "Thank you" fella!!.....:tup:

hope to see you again this side of the fence?...............

Sid.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO, "Thank you" fella!!.....:tup:

hope to see you again this side of the fence?...............

Sid.
Now i will have time to finish the 'Y' i am hoping for HRD's next year.
Other than that, I have applied for a position at the Goodwood Marshal's Club. I am hoping they will find me a straight bit of track to look after! at least i can cycle there, that 260 mile round trip was a killer! Hoping i will do the thorney island meet next june too.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
sad to see you go
you wont know me but we,v chatted on the odd occasion, been visiting long marston (sorry always will be too me!) since 1984 and things as ever move on like the good people.

top job and all the best :tup:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sorry to see you go Tony, im sure it was really hard for u to leave, but as u have said u can get the "Y" done now, u r a face that will be missed at the track...catch up with u soon mate

jim

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
It's been many years since I raced at 'Long Marston'. Even before your time there. What I realised then though was that without the guys putting the hard work in at the track I couldn't turn up and race. So even though we don't know each other I'd say thanks and good luck for being one of those people that makes it all happen.:tup:

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
It's been many years since I raced at 'Long Marston'. Even before your time there. What I realised then though was that without the guys putting the hard work in at the track I couldn't turn up and race. So even though we don't know each other I'd say thanks and good luck for being one of those people that makes it all happen.:tup:
What he said.

Thanks for all you've done Tony. Look forward to seeing you at the Hot Rod Drags.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Thanks for that Al. it's a challenge, but I will do my best!
sounds more like a hello than a goodbye is needed ,so hello ,get your car built with plenty of pictures for the rest of us to enjoy ,take it to the drags only to hear the commentator annouce the wrong model or year of your motor, correcting them under your breath:tup:

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Tony ,none of us underestimate the time and effort people like you give up so we can race ...thanks mate now go finish your car ,Bry

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Sad to hear this Tony. Good luck with the Y and see you at the drags next year...:tup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts