Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived home this evening after a not too busy day, partly due to the efforts of those COC's (Cameron, Osborne and Clegg) who supposedly govern us, to find someone had pushed something brown and unpleasant through my letterbox!

It was a letter from Harrow Council, I opened it....I must apologise to my neighbours and anyone who happened to be walking by for the stream of foul and obscene language that then occurred as I had not yet shut the front door .it was a PCN(penalty charge notice) concerning my daily, aged citroen C15 van.

As I have now calmed down and had a beer I will try and recount this sorry tale without using foul language, afterall there maybe minors watching (probably not miners as a previous bunch of COC's did for most of those).

I set off from my workshop in wembley for the green and pleasant lands of North Watford (well land to be more accurate) where I live, in the aged citroen , taxed, insured and mot'd unlike many of the drivers in NW London.

I stopped at the lights at the junction of Harrow View and Headstone Drive where there used to be a pub ,The Goodwill to All , how ironic given the circumstances . The lights changed I accelerated ... vigorously....one of my back doors flew open, gadzooks I thought, my goods and chattels may fall out onto the road and cause an accident I must stop immeadiately, I saw a dropped kerb on the left pulled up it and stopped half on the pavement, got out shut the offending door got back in drove off, I was stopped maybe 10 seconds.

Can you guess what was in the letter, a photo of the aged citroen stopped on the pavement and an invitation to pay the good burghers of Harrow Council £110.

Contravention 62:parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway.

'The alleged contravention was seen and recorded by a camera operator (COC) who was observing real time pictures from a road side camera at the time stated'.
I can go and see the film if I want, but i bet the operator would not wish to be in the same room!

I think I will be appealing this.

Any thoughts?

Pete

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,752 Posts
I lived in Harrow until fairly recently and they were using Smart cars with periscope cameras for traffic offences. Generally saw them at junctions with yellow cross hatchings as well as just driving up and down the back streets. I would say it's worth fighting. As far as I know they record moving images rather than stills so their hard disc copy should show your story to be true.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I arrived home this evening after a not too busy day, partly due to the efforts of those COC's (Cameron, Osborne and Clegg) who supposedly govern us, to find someone had pushed something brown and unpleasant through my letterbox!

It was a letter from Harrow Council, I opened it....I must apologise to my neighbours and anyone who happened to be walking by for the stream of foul and obscene language that then occurred as I had not yet shut the front door .it was a PCN(penalty charge notice) concerning my daily, aged citroen C15 van.

As I have now calmed down and had a beer I will try and recount this sorry tale without using foul language, afterall there maybe minors watching (probably not miners as a previous bunch of COC's did for most of those).

I set off from my workshop in wembley for the green and pleasant lands of North Watford (well land to be more accurate) where I live, in the aged citroen , taxed, insured and mot'd unlike many of the drivers in NW London.

I stopped at the lights at the junction of Harrow View and Headstone Drive where there used to be a pub ,The Goodwill to All , how ironic given the circumstances . The lights changed I accelerated ... vigorously....one of my back doors flew open, gadzooks I thought, my goods and chattels may fall out onto the road and cause an accident I must stop immeadiately, I saw a dropped kerb on the left pulled up it and stopped half on the pavement, got out shut the offending door got back in drove off, I was stopped maybe 10 seconds.

Can you guess what was in the letter, a photo of the aged citroen stopped on the pavement and an invitation to pay the good burghers of Harrow Council £110.

Contravention 62:parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway.

'The alleged contravention was seen and recorded by a camera operator (COC) who was observing real time pictures from a road side camera at the time stated'.
I can go and see the film if I want, but i bet the operator would not wish to be in the same room!

I think I will be appealing this.

Any thoughts?

Pete
You will probably have to explain to me why this is COC'c fault?????

The camera had NO IDEA why you had stopped (which was because you hadn't closed your doors properly...) so took the picture.

If you are ever a pedestrian you would get pissed off with people parking on the bloody pavement. I would like to see that rule enforced EVERYWHERE!!

HOWEVER....regardless of the above there are often extenuating circumstances, and as you only stopped long enough to close your doors, I'd be fighting it too!!! Good luck.

Please remember, this is an opinion only....:incheek:

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
I'd like to
1. Wish you luck with your appeal....
2. Applaud your restraint in telling the story without the foul mouthed ranting that usually accompanies threads like this (guilty as charged)
3. Suggest you move to France, you can park in the middle of a dual carriageway if you like, nobody bats an eyelid....:happy:

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
They might drop it, but, they might then invent an offence of 'driving with a door open' and have you for that instead (probably already exists, pretty much everything else to do with motor vehicles is illegal!)

·
Registered
967 Posts
getting stupid in london now ,one of our lorry drivers got a £60 fine for stopping in a boxed junction ,which he had waited for it to be clear,and then a bus pulled out of its stopping place ,so he had about 10foot of trailor still in the boxed area ,just common sence really with a 60foot lorry you would think they would have half a clue,he fought that and won,none of our drivers want to go into london ,its just a scam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.