Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know whatever happened to the chevy powered mini van that was built by gordon jones in the mid 80s? It was a car that blew my mind as a 10 year old, It started off porsche red and was later resprayed in peppermint green with cream flames.
I remember it coming up for sale around 1996, and ive often wondered what happened to it, be great to see it back on the scene again!!!
cheers. paul

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Hi, does anyone know whatever happened to the chevy powered mini van that was built by gordon jones in the mid 80s? It was a car that blew my mind as a 10 year old, It started off porsche red and was later resprayed in peppermint green with cream flames.
I remember it coming up for sale around 1996, and ive often wondered what happened to it, be great to see it back on the scene again!!!
cheers. paul
MY GOD, THATS A COINCIDENCE, HAVE A LOOK AT THE END (PAGE 3 & 4 ISH) OF THE WHERE ARE THEY NOW THREAD, HOPEFULLY YOU CAN FILL IN SOME MISSING ANSWERS.......:smoke:​

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
i asked about this van a while back on another site and at that time it had been at andy robinsons getting a new front end so im sure its still about and apparantley andy is a self employed furniture restorer now !! heres a pic of the van

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI REPLYING TO YOUR POSTS WHERE DID YOU FIND THE OLD PHOTOS AS I ONLY HAVE A FEW THAT RELATE TO THE MINIVAN AS A JACKED UP 1275 I WAS A REGULAR AT THE CHELSEA CRUISE
I DID LAUGH WHEN I LOOKED BRINGS BACK A FEW MEMORIES
I WILL TRY TO ADD AS MANY AS POSSIBLE HERES A COUPLE ONE IN RED AND ONE IN GREEN AT SANTA POD

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What a van that is, I still remember now walking into my newsagents as a 10 year old back in 1986 and seeing this on the cover of street machine and badgering my mom to buy it me. I still have that mag to this day, and the van still does it for me now, so yeh, more pictures would be very greatfully recieved please.
cheers. paul

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
hello there gordon
thought you might some how find this thread about the van...
i put the pics up of the van all jacked up.... you me dad and lou all in a row. hows things going mate, long time no see, hope all is well
lee (micks son)

HI REPLYING TO YOUR POSTS WHERE DID YOU FIND THE OLD PHOTOS AS I ONLY HAVE A FEW THAT RELATE TO THE MINIVAN AS A JACKED UP 1275 I WAS A REGULAR AT THE CHELSEA CRUISE
I DID LAUGH WHEN I LOOKED BRINGS BACK A FEW MEMORIES
I WILL TRY TO ADD AS MANY AS POSSIBLE HERES A COUPLE ONE IN RED AND ONE IN GREEN AT SANTA POD

·
Registered
6 Posts
cheers for these gordon, what car do you have now mate?
hi paul i have a 1957 chevrolet but it is in a sorry state i bought it when i moved to devon approx fourteen years ago
it still sits in the garden under cover
working for myself takes a lot of time so i have not got around to it
still got the mini engine though and plenty of spares
regards gordon

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.