Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

granada V6 2.9 cologne not revving over 4000rpm ?? advice

636 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lambretta_ash 
#1 ·
hello all tinas new engine is in and the engine wont rev over 4000rpm i think its ecu timing
brought the engine working great then painted it, adjusted the tappets and new dizzy cap everything is the same should have worked but its abit modern and as i haven't done anything think its electric so does anyone have an idea

its a twin maf V6 cologne out a Granada none hydraulic tappets

has anyone had this thanks Ashley

#3 ·
yes was fine in the donor/last car and I had the maf's ecu coil and the wiring loom
I did stick the resistor thing on the neqitive side of the coil as I couldn't remember which side it was ment to be on. but its wired to the book (same as the injection 2.8) just need this gone and its mot time

#4 · (Edited)
sorted the prob there was two diodes that go inline with the negative on the coil, as I know the bottom one I used that so I guess that was acting as a wrong power or limiter,
the bottom one I didn't know what the fudge it was until I had the bright idea to try that one, so used the top one and now its great and revs really really high
so it had rained so I drifted my island haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.