Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used an 3 bolt Grant spline adapter on a Brit / European column? If you did what column did you use ?

Ta.

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
as per my post on the other side, used a chopped down mountney off an early mini on my mk2, piece of piss and as scotty said, three bolts to hold it on and the nut in the middle... what were you thinking of using ? with mountney, because its hollowed out you just chop the top off flush with where the big nut sits...

kev

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've currently got a keyway'd VW upper column but as I'm going over to a double D u/j I meed amethod of aligning the wheel . Instead of getting the column and looking for a boss I thought I'd see what was available.

I adapted the one that is one there now but was checking if there was a simple way of doing it ie buy something that actually fits!

Mini column looks simplest if I'm knocking something up.

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
grant have a huge range of different hubs available, have a look on their website, only thing is, at the time i could only get the one for my 55 through summit and inless things have altered, they will only send via a priority service, which cost about twice what the hub kit cost !

kev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts