Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

we're planning on greasing the nipples (oo-err missus) on my 1949 Anglia this weekend.

It's a stock car pretty much.

Does anyone know what kind of grease we should get? and also can we get grease guns from somewhere like Halfords?

We think it has normal nipples and micronipples so if you can get a grease skin with interchangeable heads, that would be great.

Any advice much appreciated! :D

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
screwfix do greaseguns quite cheap, or do you have a local engineering supplies that you know of (cant remember where in essex you are), either of these will be cheaper and probably better quality than a cheapy from halfords. if you just want to do it once a year i have a decent one here you can boorrow.
on the buying side try to buy one that takes a cartridge as its much cleaner to use. and as vince said, use high melting point LM grease.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
screwfix do greaseguns quite cheap, or do you have a local engineering supplies that you know of (cant remember where in essex you are), either of these will be cheaper and probably better quality than a cheapy from halfords. if you just want to do it once a year i have a decent one here you can boorrow.
on the buying side try to buy one that takes a cartridge as its much cleaner to use. and as vince said, use high melting point LM grease.
Thanks guys.
We have a screw fix so we'll head there today.
Thanks for the offer of lending us one. We'll probably just buy one as we want to do the beetle with it too and I think it's a good idea for us to get one of our own anyway.

Are there specific sizes of heads you can get? Or is there just a standard size and a micro one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts