Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im just wondering what happened to my old unfinished vauxhall victor project that i sold in october 2008, the car was a pale green fd victor, reg no- 'CWP227H', It was standard looking inside and out except for being lowered over a set of vx4/90 rostyles. id mounted a rover sd1 v8 and manual box but never got around to plumbing it in, and that is about it for the car.
I sold the car to a guy named rick who took it to the kent area i think, Rick told me that he'd recently bought the old gullwing fd victor from ebay.
Im not trying to buy the car back even though it would be very tempting if it was up for sale, I just want to know if the car ever got completed.
cheers. paul

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Heres a few more of the car as sold, surely someone knows whats happened to it, it'd be interesting to see some up to date pics, whatever its condition!!!

I miss this car so much, I bought it in 2003 for 150 quid after selling a black hc viva i was driving around in,(now back on the scene with mustang v8, see pic below)

i then fitted some vx4/90 hubs, discs, calipers and rostyles,and a hc viva servo, put an mot on it (it sailed through), then i drove it everyday prepping the bodywork for the respray in the original pale green which my mate sprayed.I then fitted the 8x13 and 6x13 slotmags from my hb v8 project (see pic below), as the viva was stripped for detailing and paint, to finish it off.

while the hb was stripped for paint and detailing i decided that if the victor failed the next mot, it was gonna come off the road to get the v8 from the viva as i knew i could make a good street sleeper from the victor, which is what i originally wanted from the hb. the funny thing was it only failed the mot on a wheel bearing and split steering rack gaiter.
So, staying with the plan, I started the v8 swap, lowered it and went back to the rostyles and then the usual thing happened. wife and kids came along. So, unfortunatly it got put on the back burner and then after 4 years of it sitting there with hardly any progress being made, i finally made the desision to let it go.

·
1972 Formula 350 owner
673 Posts
Paul,

Looks as though its still SORN until 1/10/2010.

Still registered with the 1599cc engine though.

Not the best of info but at least you can tell from this info that is SORN.

VEHICLE ENQUIRY Services Provided By DVLA:

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for CWP 227H are:

Date of Liability 01 10 2010
Date of First Registration 04 06 1970
Year of Manufacture 1970
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1599CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour GREEN

Marc

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
i was offered this abou a year ago and no its not finished yet. looks about the same as when you sold it. i'll try to find out more. neil.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The car is on ebay now, its now moved from kent to north yorkshire, the engine bay looks like its had a bit of work and the bodywork has been started. Its a weird feeling seeing your old car for sale, (especially one you regret selling). ah well, not to worry:sniff:

Above is a picture of it just before i sold it in october 2008 and below is the picture of it now in september 2010,

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Its back on ebay item no 130432092552

Now down at Hastings
Fuck me!!! Its probably done more miles in the last couple of years on the back of a trailer than it did when i ran it.:lol: Still it does look better with the rostyles.

When i owned it, i was inspired by the fd pictured below, like i said i did run it for a while with 13'' slotmags, they looked ok but they needed to be bigger (14 or 15'' like the one below).

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No probs my gasser, cheers anyway. It looks like it didnt sell on ebay (the auction at least), I really hope this car gets finished and not broken up for parts, that'd be a real waste of a good car.
cheers paul.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts