Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, my apologies to Surrey Street Rodders, I am not trying to hijack or organize something that I don't want you all involved in.
As you all know Sunday coming is the Guildford cruise, and yes it will be crap. BUT WAIT, we have been invited to meet at the ROWBARGE pub this Sunday.
The Landlord and Landlady would love to see as many of you as possible. There is very good food at very reasonable prices, Sunday roasts and BBQ, very reasonable price for drinks (I asked the landlord once if he had undercharged me!!!). A lovely setting by the Wey Navigation canal. There are fish Bob so bring your rod!!!! There is a juke box. I have been told that the H****b**K brigade won't be tolerated. So there is no excuse, come along.
I will post the Landlords name and the postcode later, I left the piece of paper I had it written on at home.

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Go for it! if you can get some interest back that's great, i offered to restart the cruise awhile back as i also had a pub ASKING for a car club or cruise to come along but i had no interest at all from rodders, the pub is now the meeting place for the old skool ford lot.

membership sec for the Surrey street rodders.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's because of the reputation regarding the H/Backs and the police reaction to them, as i said they won't be tolerated. So please come, you will all be welcome. Obviously as this is a pub, behaviour (burnouts) is an issue, yes you can spoil it, but you can make it something good too, your choice. On a sunny Sunday it is a good place to sit around, eat and drink.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The post code for the Row Barge is GU1 1LW.
The Landlord and Lady's names are Mark and Chrissie, they have both shown a great deal of interest in my car whenever I have been to the pub.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark and Chrissy would like to thank everyone that came to the Row Barge yesterday. There were a couple of other things going on so it was expected that the place wouldn't get packed out. However there was a good turnout and hopefully next month a few more of you will turn up. From small acorns..........eh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.