Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I got a call from a friend saying my Email had been hacked as they had received a spoof Email from me, First thing I did was change my Password, and then cancel my debit card, although I don't think there were any card details in there.....
This morning, 12.05am to be precise I received a text on my phone saying there was unauthorised use of my password... The telephone number is the same as was used when I set my Microsoft account, (Phone No 447781470659).. I go to open my Hotmail account and Im asked to enter my password, which is unusual, then asked for the last 4 digits of my mobile number, I do that then receive a text with a security code, use that code, Im then asked to change my password...... I have the secure Padlock in the corner etc, and the way I have gone into my account is exactly the same way as I have done for the last 3 years.......
Does this sound as if its legit?????...

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
The hacker probably just guessed your original password but didn't reset it. You have beaten them to it and they probably just entered the old password incorrectly three times which locks the account down. Who ever had access to your email probably wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
The easiest password to remember is a sentence into which you transpose numbers along with some nonalphanumeric keys to be letters. Example "Iamthecoolest" = "1am7hec0ol3$t".

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went direct to my Microsoft account... which would not let me enter my account details either, --asked for the last few digits of my mobile, I then received a code on my phone. I have now entered a new password... lets hope that's the end of it. thanks for the help chaps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts