Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ah, the patron Saint of England, who folk keep saying we should celebrate yet know naff all about him...

Not entirely sure why people want to celebrate a bloke who was serving in the Roman army, never set foot in Britain, who was from somewhere around what is now Greece or Turkey or somewhere down that neck of the woods.

Interestingly, he is also a Saint that Muslim women pray to when they are having issues.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Ah, the patron Saint of England, who folk keep saying we should celebrate yet know naff all about him...

Not entirely sure why people want to celebrate a bloke who was serving in the Roman army, never set foot in Britain, who was from somewhere around what is now Greece or Turkey or somewhere down that neck of the woods.

Interestingly, he is also a Saint that Muslim women pray to when they are having issues.
A patronising and very informative post about our Patron Saint, who knew? Thank you for enlightening us poor ignoramuses but please humour us, it's about all us English have.

Rog.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
X3. Enjoy the day. Unfortunately nobody would recognise the flag if I flew it here

Big St.Patrick's day celebrations here every year. I think England needs a new PR company

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
Happy St. George's Day! Here's a pic I thought rather appropriate, another Seven displaying the Rose of England.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It's not so much that England don't celebrate St George's Day that gets me.....it's why does the country go mad for celebrating St Patricks Day?I can't see Dublin decked out in red white and blue any time soon.

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
Happy St George's Day!!

Had my flag out all day and proud to be English! Off for a decent pint of bitter...............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts