Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was decided between my lovely long term partner and me to make things official which meant getting rid of the contents of my house. My three children are now grown Richard who some of you have met Zoe who has three children of her own and my eldest Andrew who unfortunately is into riceburners. When it comes to my kids I have kept everything which is a lot of toys and books. I chose a wife that ran off with a neighbour when my kids were still very young so my weekends with them made every minute with them more precious. So all there things had to go into a skip. Eighty three black bags of memories. I have kept all there pictures and writings. I gave Zoe six boxes of clothes from when they were very small as I was not strong enough to get rid of them myself. The boys got stuff that I knew was special to them. Somehow glad to know that I was not the only one to shed some tears this week. It's all done now so am looking to a new future.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,343 Posts
Good luck together Ken though I'm sure you won't need it :tup:

I'm lucky in that I don't attach myself to things , it is the memory itself that is precious , the 'thing' is just a link to that. That's how people never truly die while their friends still live on , their memories keep them alive :)

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Just had a similar experience with a house move, not easy at all :(
We still kept far to much
Good luck Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.