Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it JUST the best venue, the buildings, the layout, a train carriage, all period and colonial, cruising roads and lanes, the Pavilion, the gun shops, just superb

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I just hope it can be kept for future Hayrides as there were whispers that the new management wanted to keep the site for shooting events only

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I first went to Bisley '76 ish, Northern Soul all nighters. They still have them there. The wife saw Slade there in the '70s. Yep totally agree fabulous venue

·
Registered
92 Posts
i when last year really enjoyed it .wanted to go this year but the tickets were all sold out . people rebook as soon as they get back home for next year . will try earlier this year for next . roll on 2015

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I just hope it can be kept for future Hayrides as there were whispers that the new management wanted to keep the site for shooting events only
also heard a few rumours, spoke to jerry, and its all sorted for next year, so lets hope, because as said the venues just the best

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
a mate of mine is a secretary of the Harley owners,they have just lost venue after 10 yrs
They didn't loose the venue. They chose not to use it after Bisley changed/enforced some new rules. Unfortunately Bisley is in business to make money, and after some years of loses they have new staff and new systems, which has now turned the company round. Believe it or not they would have made more money out of last weekends shooting than the Hayride. After all Bisley has always been there as a shooting facility.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and there was the plastic static caravans that were in the trade area, prehaps a sign of the future........

·
Registered
785 Posts
all shooting centres are struggling at the moment due to the laws of this country.
so I doupt bisley will turn away a good money maker.

·
Registered
972 Posts
They didn't loose the venue. They chose not to use it after Bisley changed/enforced some new rules. Unfortunately Bisley is in business to make money, and after some years of loses they have new staff and new systems, which has now turned the company round. Believe it or not they would have made more money out of last weekends shooting than the Hayride. After all Bisley has always been there as a shooting facility.
,,............fair comment,i spoke to the guy yesterday,he said that they also put the prices up ,shame really

1 - 12 of 12 Posts