Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOUND THIS IN STREET GASSER WINTER 79, IS THIS ANOTHER BRITISH MADE RODDING FILM THAT WILL REMAIN A MYTH IN THE UNSEEN VAULTS TO MOST OF US ALONG WITH SHUTDOWN & CRUISIN?, WAS IT EVER RELEASED?, ANYONE OUT THERE SEEN IT, KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT OR WERE PERHAPS A DRIVER OF ONE OF THE RODS?.....:tup:

·
Cadillac fanatic
890 Posts
I have a film on VHS, that is called " Heavy Metal, and it even mentions the words " The cars the star " on the cover, not watched it for donkey's years but I seem to recall it being about drag racing rather than rods.....? bizarre if it is the same film, I will look later:tup:

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Spence, got any of that green paint left? Put a fecken chip on the lip of the boot today getting the nipper's scooter out. :(:(:(

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Thanks for the message, Spence.

Back on topic, just looked on t'internet and the film Riding High (1981) has a soundtrack that includes a song by Eddie Kidd called Heavy Metal. The plot thickens..... :S

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Cadillac fanatic
890 Posts
Mark i seam to remember a pic in SM of Eddie Kidd doing a stunt/jump for this film.
Very true, there are several vid's on you tube with him setting up and a few of the actual just over a revine on the Isle of Sheppy.

It does look like a tipical 70's " B " movie, I must admit.....:shake:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts