Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
in my opinion, great tune, good musicians but poor vocals (got no edge to his voice,& no balls) :tup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
like year of manly living, great vocal delivery :tup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
try this !!
one minute silence 'holyman' :tup:

brutal live :tup:
best band to come from ireland since SLF :tup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I`d never heard of The Bones, I like em. Similar to rocket from the crypt.
Yeah they are a German band, had a few albums out but dissapointingly the last one was more metal and less Rock'n'Roll. But the early albums are worth checking out especially "Blued, Screwed and Tattooed" and "Straight Flush Ghetto".

Saw them supporting Social Distortion in London last summer, they were good, but again a little too metal and no-where near as good as the mighty Social D :tup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I saw social D as well last summer in sweden. Have you listened to gaslight anthem they were also playing further down the bill, 59 sound is a great album.
I've not heard the Gaslight Anthem yet but you are not the first to recommend them so I'm gonna have to give them a try. I had hoped they would have played last summers London show but there was only the Bones and someone else who I can't recall as support.

·
Rust Obsessive
642 Posts
Hellacopters - one or more members of Entombed IIRC? Been god knows how long since I'd heard them!

You could always give the Supersuckers a try:

Amazing band, been a fan of theirs since the grunge days - they were label mates with Mudhoney, Soundgarden etc. Saw them last when they toured with Nashville Pussy (another great band) last year.

I saw social D as well last summer in sweden. Have you listened to gaslight anthem they were also playing further down the bill, 59 sound is a great album.
I'm a bit hit and miss with Gaslight Anthem, some songs are great but for the most part I can't get into them.

Dwarves.:smoke:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts