Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have joined to get some pointers in restoring a 1940s ford

It's a 3ton F198t truck built by the French for the German Wehrmacht in ww2 simple eh!

So any pointer would be great cheers in advance

Ian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome

I have a few stupid questions all the parts for my truck are metric and all the bits made in the USA are not so is there any suppliers of parts for European made fords? I ask for bits like the brake master cylinder and the slave cylinders as these are finished, these trucks are pretty rare in the military vehicle scene and I can find nearly no remade parts etc

Good thing is it's complete so apart from the wooden back that I can remake I just need to fix things

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

It's the same as a v3000s German truck but with a slightly wider cab, I can't post pictures for some reason? It has the same flathead engine as the yanks but it's metric etc and the fan is configured on the crank with a solex carb and the ring gear is bigger apparently so only the german started motor will fit? It is complete I have stripped it shotblasted the chassis and will now start putting it back together, I have found the master cylinder on us ebay for not a lot and will get these or is there any suppliers in the uk? That stock stuff as I have searched on the net and bought some hotrod mags but they are not for trucks

To answer your question about the us desighn I think it must have been and if you saw a picture of it you would say it looks like this or that model but I don't know enough about the us stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts