Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retired to the west central coast of Florida, in May of this year, not to play golf but to be able to drive my old car every day, if I want. The weather in July and August is just a touch hot and humid so everyone looks forward to the winter. I was introduced to the site by John Harrison, who's user name I forgot, we met at a cruise night in Weeki Wachee a couple of weeks ago. My car is a Chevrolet 1956 150 wagon, powered by a 327 with a turbo 350 transmission. The front is lowered and has disc brakes and sway bar that was a dealer installed item back in 1956 When I arrived in Florida the first thing I did was have A/C installed so the hot summer days would be cool driving down the road. I look forward to reading posts in the forum and looking at the hot rods of the UK.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Welcome mate. Post up some pics of your Chev.
Florida eh? I'm not jealous in the slightest.....:mooooh:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
While I figure out how to post pictures I copied a link of some events held a week ago. I hope this link works, it it doesn't I'll keep trying.

youtube.com/watch?v=gwjOEm0xjn4&feature=youtu.be

David

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts
welcome david,nice car...

rog to the stand please...

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Welcome to Rods'n'Sods, enjoy the Mermaids.

Rog.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
55chevy, Weeki Wachee is 50 miles above Tampa and about 80 miles west of Orlando. My house is about 10 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. I tried to insert a link to a You Tube video of some of the cars of the area for every one to look at....but it doesn't seem to work. Well one more thing to learn to do.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rog, you must have been to Weeki Wachee if you know about the Mermaids....that show has been around since 1947. Thanks for the welcome.

David

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Rog, you must have been to Weeki Wachee if you know about the Mermaids....that show has been around since 1947. Thanks for the welcome.

David
I spend a lot of my life on the Gulf Coast, I've got a place on Tierra Verde, an island near St Pete Beach.

Rog.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi David welcome to the site, We have a place in Florida also and spend a lot of time over there! Believe me you are very lucky even in the hotter / humid months......We have crap weather year round! Currently as I type this the snow is melting!

Just being able to use your Old car year round is a big bonus and not to mention the year round car shows!..........Im off to book a flight now!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi David, just found you ,and welcome, can you tell the guys about the little tour you took me on yesterday I'm sure you will give a better description than me, there was to much to take in at Rogers garage.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Pops you really should take a shot a describing Rogers garage, it would be a more interesting assessment of the treasures that that garage holds. Let me say this though, Roger is a collector a collector of parts, 99% TriFive parts, and a collector of cars. His garage space consists of a three car garage attached to the house, plus a 24'X30' unattached to the side of the house. Behind the house is a main garage that is 130'X30" with a 40'X40' work shop that has 14' ceilings on the end for his work shop. He has been collecting TriFive parts for 40 years and has enough NOS parts, I swear to restore 3 or 4 TriFives using only those NOS parts, give or take a car or two. His collection of used TriFive parts is likewise very large, 40 years ago when he saw a TriFive in a wrecking yard he stripped them of what has turned out to be hard to find restoration today. Boxes of the stuff....and nothing is for sale. Roger has 11 collector cars in various states of restoration, the one's that have been restored are a 58 Impala that was a magazine/show car in the late 90's, a 55 Chevy convertible that is an older restoration, that he drives, and a recently completed 61 Pontiac Bonneville with a 421 CID Super Duty motor, 1 of 10 made in 61. The Pontiac is a totally correct nut and bolt restoration that except for the engine work and paint he did entirely himself. In the two shows it's been invited to attend it has been 1st in it's class both shows. Roger builds to a very high standard, he's meticulous. Now Pop's it's your turn.

David

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hello David and a welcome to RnS from snowy England its minus 5 right now
Mick

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It seems like there's a good number of TriFives that belong to Forum members, does anyone know how many there are? Just a short note on today's weather it's a rather cool 66 degrees, over cast skies and a 30% chance of showers before 7pm.

David

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
While I figure out how to post pictures I copied a link of some events held a week ago. I hope this link works, it it doesn't I'll keep trying.

youtube.com/watch?v=gwjOEm0xjn4&feature=youtu.be

David
1st Big Welcome to Rods n Sods David.........:tup:
And it this what you were trying to post up

Bob......

·
Sheep Shagger
858 Posts
Welcome to the Forum David, hope you enjoy the mix of vehicles on here.

I'm out in Sarasota for a week in March for a Mustang show, Muscle Car drags in Bradenton and a day or two in Bike Week. Can't wait. Haven't been since 98 and am out there with a couple of car guys too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bob...That was what I was trying to post up, thanks for getting the job done for me.

MUTANTV8....I would be really disappointed if you were anywhere near Weeki Wachee and didn't give me a ring and stop by....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts