Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to this site. Have had my car for about a year now which was originally built by a guy on here called Ian. It was a white 67 series 1 2 door mk2 cortina with a raver v8. I did not buy the car from Ian but the guy I bought it off had done little in the way of maintaining it or using it. After a few monumental oil leaks were taken care of I did enjoy driving the car around for about a month when it dropped a lifter and took out the cam with it. My original plan was just to fix it and get it back on the road. However I had an itch to scratch with a chevy ls3 and so this epic build began. I have a load of photos of the build so far and will be starting a build thread in a couple of days. But for now hi to all you fellow enthusiasts. I look forward to making some new friends.

Mark

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Welcome aboard mark.
would that man be v8 ian by any chance?

Woz

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
Hi all,

New to this site. Have had my car for about a year now which was originally built by a guy on here called Ian. It was a white 67 series 1 2 door mk2 cortina with a raver v8. I did not buy the car from Ian but the guy I bought it off had done little in the way of maintaining it or using it. After a few monumental oil leaks were taken care of I did enjoy driving the car around for about a month when it dropped a lifter and took out the cam with it. My original plan was just to fix it and get it back on the road. However I had an itch to scratch with a chevy ls3 and so this epic build began. I have a load of photos of the build so far and will be starting a build thread in a couple of days. But for now hi to all you fellow enthusiasts. I look forward to making some new friends.

Mark
And it was a Raver, pity it got damaged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi woz, it may well be bud. I know he was on this site. I have never actually met or spoke with him but would love to. I think his last name was birch. Any way the motor has been fully rebuilt now and will be for sale soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts