Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above...im trying to suss out what this is at the back of my newly acquired caravans toilet compartment...:confused:

at the rear of a water container...

any ideas???:shake:

cheers...al

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Looking at the wires, I'd hazard a guess that it might possibly be a battery. To power what I have no idea, but by following the wiring you will get a better clue. :tup:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Check with a Voltage meter . See if its 240v or 12v. That close to a water supply hope its 12v. :smoke:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Al try henrys revenge he breaks/repars caravans .how are you mate messing about again karens just had scan results all stable

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Al try henrys revenge he breaks/repars caravans .how are you mate messing about again karens just had scan results all stable
hi...gary (henrys revenge) was on the phone for an hour last night...and we're still none the wiser...he hasnt seen one before...
my problem is...its a german built DETHLEFFS caravan...it has 12v and 220v fittings...
i know where to attach the 220 supply,but i havnt found anywhere to connect a 12v battery...theres no wiring going into the lift up front panel,where the gas bottle goes,but i have dual voltage lighting in the kitchen and toilet and a 3 way fridge...i'll just have to try and trace the wiring a bit more...
i did run a new 12v supply into the caravan...so at least i have some 12v lighting and a 3 way skt for charging phones etc,but i would like to get the fitted stuff working...

thats great news about karen...tell her to wrap up well in this weather... my doc was happy with me yesterday too...cant believe its nearly 3 years since i was diagnosed...i think im over the illness...just need to get over the cure now...
im hoping to do some of the shows/runs this year...but really need to keep warm...i seem to get every cold/flu thats going coz the immune system is low after the chemo...
so im selling the combicamp and gonna roll in my heated caravan...the pop should cope with it ok...

cheers...al

·
It's me!
361 Posts
Some sort of connection for taps to pump?

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Is it a kind of stitch used on the taps to turn the electric water system? Just did a quick goggle search and seems some caravans have a micro switch to activate the hot water.

·
Registered
118 Posts
might be like eribas
power comes from plug that goes into car plug
blue wire for fogs on uk is the live

plug into car and see if you get 12 volt

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
Is it a coincidence that when you Google 'KARMA caravan parts ' its comes up as caravan mixer taps with built in switch, made in Germany ?
That should have said KAMA

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
What,s the bet it,s a kama battery box ? looks like the top un screws .... is there a small rechargeable battery inside and this gives multi take of,s ?
power taken out to your taps ????
the micro switch for your taps will be on the base of the taps,
i may be wrong but i would pop the lid and have a look inside.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well story so far...when i have the caravan hooked up to the car and switch the headlights on AND my fog light...i get a 12v supply to the caravan lighting...i'll check to see if theres a supply to the KAMA unit tomorrow...i was busy on the gas today...cooker and heater are working fine...also fitted a new skylight in the loo to replace broken one....makes the living area one look grubby,so thats next to get changed...
i did notice a wire from the KAMA unit heading up behind the sink,so i think the unit is a pump,and the wire goes to a tap microswitch right enough...

cheers...al

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
well story so far...when i have the caravan hooked up to the car and switch the headlights on AND my fog light...i get a 12v supply to the caravan lighting...i'll check to see if theres a supply to the KAMA unit tomorrow...i was busy on the gas today...cooker and heater are working fine...also fitted a new skylight in the loo to replace broken one....makes the living area one look grubby,so thats next to get changed...
i did notice a wire from the KAMA unit heading up behind the sink,so i think the unit is a pump,and the wire goes to a tap microswitch right enough...

cheers...al
it can,t be a pump with out a water supply ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
what I did with eriba was remove fog light wire and reroute to 12 volt battery earth goes to chassis to get lights to work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts