Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My lovely other half has got a Vauxhall Agila. Guy at the garage where the car has been serviced since new says he cant tell what the problem is as there is too much oil in the catalytic converter. Now I know nothing about cars except that the old ones are so much better to look at but can oil get into the catalytic converter? The Agila is a 200 model with just 15.000 miles on the clock in case that makes a difference. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think it's turbo just a regular 1.4 petrol engine. I just couldn't see how there could be a build up of oil in the exhaust system (unless there was a ring problem) which didn't get mentioned. Just thinking the garage is pulling a fast one.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So car goes back to garage. Guy does a diagnostic on it twiddles a bit and engine warning light goes out. Says it could do with a new sensor that monitors exhaust but car is running fine so it's up to us if we want the work done now. we say we will leave it for now. He spent about 40 minutes on the car and wouldn't even take a drink and there was I thinking we were about to get scammed. Originally he saw oil (vapour) coming from the exhaust. Thanks for your input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.