Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Knowledge breeds power...
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for parts to build an early-style Ford rear end into a Halibrand-style carrier. I have the carrier.
I need a complete 1937-1948 (? is that right?) banjo-style rear end as a donor. The PCD of the carrier where the 'bells' fasten is 9.25"
I know that there are after-market aluminium parts available, but the project needs steel.

Anyone got anything 'kicking around' or can make a recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Si, if this is in the wrong place, I apologise. It's advice as much as a 'tech' or 'wanted' I am looking for, but move it if I have screwed up...

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Hi Nick, I posted on another forum on your behalf and got this reply:

Give Nervous Bob a call on 01359 230027, he should have the parts you need.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just a side note here, The A and V8 type Halibrands are not as strong as the stock Ford set up. They dont seem to mind roundy roundy stuff or flat out speed stuff. but they went pop with shit tyres and a concrete track. Add slicks and grip juice is gona shorten the life quite a lot. Its not the half shafts that are the problem with quick changes, its the centre section, being ally or mag it gives more than the stock Ford centre and once it gives a bit and the crown and pinoin move a tad, the helix of the gears goes out of true, and then pop goes the diff. They arnt and wernt recomended for drag use. I know you some times see them used back then, but they still went pop.
Martin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts